Frequently Asked Questions
- Are Smartbaits available at a retailer near my location?
- Does Smartbaits Online store ship internationally?
- Why are Smartbaits revolutionary?
- Do the hardbaits and the softbaits change color in the same way?
- Will it stop working or wear out?
- Will it work at several temperatures?
- Why not just use a specific color lure such as red or chartreuse vs. one that changes?
Smartbaits are currently exclusively available through our online store, information on retail locations will be listed on our website as they become available.
We currently ship to locations in the USA and Canada only, shipping to international locations will be available shortly
Fish see in color and color changes will attract a fish to strike a lure
- When a Smartbaits lure is cast into the water and it moves through different temperature ranges it will change color, and this color change process is designed to alert fish that there is activity in the water
- Once the lure has fully changed color (a quick and continual process as the lure moves through different water temperatures) then it will appear to be wounded and bleeding and the fish will attack the lure
Our hardbaits are coated with our unique color change formula and our softbaits are injected with the same formula
- Our hardbaits will change faster than our softbaits as the softbaits are denser in texture
- Hardbaits change color on the belly of the lure while
- Our softbaits can be a whole color change bait whereby the entire lure will change from one color to another; such as red to chartreuse or a laminated color change bait whereby the top of the lure will change from one color to another and the bottom of the lure will also change from one color to another.
- For example our Foxy Frog softbaits change color from watermelon to June bug on the top part of the lure and on the bottom part of the lure they change from a clear/transparent color to blood red.
Smartbaits lures will continually change colors forever as the process is permanent
Smartbaits can set specific temperature ranges for different areas such as Florida's shallow lakes with warm temperatures to the deeper and colder water temperatures of the Great Lakes and we are designing more lures that will work at these and other temperature ranges
Currently Smartbaits lures are programmed to change colors from approximately 65 to 87 degrees Fahrenheit or 18 to 30 degrees Celsius
- The reason that Smartbaits color change technology is so revolutionary is that you can constantly reset the lure to change colors continually which will attract fish to strike
- With a lure that changes from chartreuse to red; once the lure is pulled out of the set "color change" temperature, it resets back to chartreuse and when you can recast it will change color again to re-attract fish